skip to a day...

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

DAY 25
Laurie's Song

I wish I had you all alone... 
Just the two of us... 
I would hold you close to me... 
So close to me...



That little number that Jamie Lee Curtis sings was completely made up, and completely perfect.

Speaking at BEYOND FEST in 2004, Curtis explains...

And then I remember, we kind of did this work, and then at the end you said, “now walk away and finish out the scene singing.” And I remember saying to you like, “um, what’s the tune of the little song?” And you said, “I don’t know, make it up.” Now, you have to understand, I don’t sing. At all. I just don’t sing! And I remember it like, “what do I sing?” So I sang, “I wish I had you all alone…” Horrible! But, I just remember being sort of overwhelmed after that first day and then wrapping and then going home.